This four week course is designed for entrepreneurial minded individuals who would like to secure a financial future in the booming natural hair care industry. Through hands on training and observation of experienced instructors, students are taught braiding techniques, choosing hair care products, and opening and operating a natural hair care salon. By the end of the course, students will have honed a skill with a historical and cultural heritage recognized worldwide, received a certificate, and been well prepared to open their own hair salon.
- Natural Hair Care Styling
- Braiding Techniques: Basic Corn Row (Cane Row), Singles (Plaits), Twists, and Locs
- Other Styling
- Natural Hair Maintenance and Care
- Scalp Disorders
- Hair Care Products
- Opening and Operating a Salon
- Purchasing Equipment
- No experience necessary
- Must be at least 15 years of age
- 64 Hours: 4 days per week, 4 hours per day
- Tuesday - Friday 6PM - 10 PM
- Hands on/In Salon Training
- Cynthia Obleton: Master braider, licensed cosmetologist, over 20 years experience in the hair care industry.
REQUIRED COURSE SUPPLIES/EQUIPMENT
- Mannequin Head Model
- Hair Tools
- Full Kits available for purchase
- Kits include: Mannequin head model, hair clips, hair combs, commercial hair.
- First 10 students to register and pay in full are eligible to receive a free kit!
- Certificate acknowledging the number or training hours received
- Course Tuition: $1,680
- Kit: $350 + $35 sales tax
- Tuition can be paid in installments but must be paid in full prior to first day of class.
- Ways to pay:
- Credit or debit card (call 510-693-2900)
- Venmo app (@sankofa)
- Money order or certified check payable to Sankofa Braiding Trade School (send to 3217 Adeline St, Berkeley, CA 94703)
|Installment Payment Option||Amount Due|
|Due at registration||$560|
|2nd installment payment||$560|
|3rd installment payment||$560|