THE FIRST AND ONLY HAIR BRAIDING ACADEMY OF ITS KIND IN CALIFORNIA
Do you want to learn how to braid, style, and properly care for natural hair? How about opening your own natural hair care salon?
You should take our courses!
Learn braiding techniques, other natural hair care styling and maintenance, and how to open and operate your own natural hair care salon.
Call to register! 510-693-2900
This course is designed for individuals and all parents who want to learn how to grow and maintain beautiful natural hair for themselves, their children, or their customers. Learn more and register today!
This course is designed for individuals and all parents who want to learn how to maintain and grow beautiful natural hair for themselves, their child, or their customers by adding extensions/commercial hair to the natural hair with the proper technique for long lasting braids and hair health. Learn more and register today!
This course is for hair braiders who want to enhance their skills. Learn Ghana Corn Rows, Tree Braids, Twist Braids, Sew-ins and weave extensions, and more... Learn more and register today!
WHO SHOULD TAKE COURSES AT SANKOFA BRAIDING ACADEMY?
- Professionals who want to gain another skill
- Individuals with braiding experience who want to perfect their skill
- People who wish to gain more knowledge about the culture of African Braiding
- Parents who want to be able to do their children's hair and save money
- Multiracial families who want to learn how to take care of their children's hair
- College and High School students looking to gain a new skill and earn money
- Individuals who love healthy hair & want to be your own boss
- Licensed cosmetologists who want to add braiding to their skill set
BENEFITS OF TAKING COURSES AT SANKOFA BRAIDING ACADEMY
- Learn various hair braiding skills
- Learn the practices of good hair care and treatment
- Parents can save up to $140 a month
- Gain knowledge on transitioning hair from chemical relaxer styles to natural hair styles
- Specialized and comprehensive instruction on how to begin your career in hair braiding and natural hair care
- Make anywhere from $900 to $1,500 dollars a week. After receiving your certificate,
begin working and earn extra income.
- Grow your customer base due to a shop based learning environment
- Opportunity to rent a booth and start your career
ABOUT SANKOFA BRAIDING ACADEMY
Maya Angelou once said, “I believe that every person is born with talent”; but sometimes, a lot of us need help bringing our talent out so that we may use it. Sankofa Braiding Academy is here to empower, encourage, and support all creative minds who are looking to gain knowledge in the field of hair braiding and natural hair care. For those looking to start a business, Sankofa Braiding Academy prepares entrepreneurs with a new skillset that enables individuals to start earning income while providing a safe, sanitized, hygienic service.
Sankofa Braiding Academy is under Sankofa Braiding & Natural HairCare, LLC. The Academy was established in November 2015, in the east bay of Northern California by our owner Cynthia Obleton. Cynthia is a certified master braider, licensed cosmetologist, AMCA Certified Hair Loss Practitioner, Member of United States Trichology Institute, and has been in the beauty business for over fifteen (15) years.
The Academy leverages classroom teaching as well as hands-on-training, so students learn the braiding techniques of basic corn row (cane row), singles (plaits), twists and locs, among others. Click here to view the course descriptions and register for classes.
The mission of Sankofa Braiding Academy (SBA) is to provide an education on the proper techniques for styling and caring for natural hair. Not only do we target the talented braiders who are already in the industry and looking to add to their skillset, but we also want to inspire the creative, entrepreneurial minds who want to gain a new skill and career to secure a financial future in the blossoming Natural Hair Care and Braiding industry.